Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Mommy Mind

I claim Mommy Mind or Mommy Brain a lot recently. This is where you forget something or do not understand something or do something completely wrong even though it is a simple task. At times I do believe that Grace took half of my brain....

The other day I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when Matt called in and asked me what I was doing. I replied, as proud as I could because I was a step ahead on one of my tasks, "filling up my shampoo bottle with shampoo (long pause....)"

You see, I have a shampoo bottle that has a pump top that I like. So I keep filling it up with other shampoos. It was not empty, but it was getting close, so I was one step ahead...or so I thought.


"and body wash" (shoulders slumping and look of defeat all over my face as I realize what I was doing) Let me tell you one thing, body wash does not lather in the hair the same that shampoo does :(

There have been many times recently that I have forgotten something, or gone somewhere and not remembered why I was there, and other little odd quirks. I blame Mommy Brain.

As I pack for my trip to Harrisonburg (I will be there with Grace from Wednesday to Sunday, Matt will join us on Friday) I am hoping that Mommy Brain will not be a factor and I will remember to pack everything that I need for all of the special events that we will be experiencing while up there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Grace got some of your brain, and some from Matt, I'm sure she will do very well in her future. It will be interesting to see how she will choose her career. Don't laugh at that comment, time flies and before we know it those days will be here. Mamaw Betty

Amy said...

Just remember that we have stores here too! If you forget something, we can run out and pick it up. Sleep is something that is a great help to "mommy brain" We will do our best to keep that little girl, and maybe you can get a nap or two!

Anonymous said...

I always try to bring everything under the sun in case I need something but my Mom says the same thing that your sister says - "we have stores here too". Have a great time and take lots of pics:)
Cameron

suedaniels said...

I can tell you from experience that Mommy Brain is a nearly universal affliction. However, in return for a slight absent-mindedness, where you put the scissors away in the refrigerator and spend 15 minutes looking for your keys, you also gain some super-powers, to wit: (1) You may not know where your keys are, but you know where everything else is, and that's good, because everyone in the household will ask you. (2) You are able to produce an award-winning science project over a weekend with some cardboard, toothpicks, markers and some leftover house paint you found in the garage. (3) You lose all fear of making a fool of yourself when you find you can yell your child's name in the middle of Wal-Mart. Welcome to Mommy-World!