Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Appointment

A week ago Monday I had my first prenatal appointment. I met my doctor and my nurse (suggested by my neighbor) for the first time. It was great!

My doctor and my nurse are great, which is a big relief since I was walking into this very blindly.

We sat and talked to the doctor and I had many of my questions answered by him.

Then we got to see the baby! We had a sonogram done to see the baby and also to measure the baby, and to see when the due date is.

The heart beat is galloping along at a nice 176 beats per minute which I heard is good.

In the picture of the baby above you can see the back of the head, the back, and hints of arms and legs...our baby seems to be camera shy already (Sorry that it is blurry, but it is a picture of a picture). This is not good since it's daddy is a shutterbug and loves to take A LOT of pictures!

But all is well and my actual due date is December 29th. In other words it will be a holiday baby whether it comes early or late.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Amazing!! I never had a sonogram this early in the pregnancy. I showed my boys. Austin said, "Awww, cute!! It's so tiny!" Adam said, "I can't see it, it's too froggy!" I think he saw it then after I pointed it out. Glad things are going well for you.

suedaniels said...

Oh, Baby! Isn't it sweet?

Betty said...

This is so exciting! Keep those blogs coming. Can't wait for June 5 to see you and Matt. Mom

Davene said...

I actually think that's a GREAT picture! I can definitely see head, body, arms. So incredible!

I'm so excited for you!