Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick-Or-Treat


Happy Halloween (a few days late) Everyone! Matt and I decided to host a dinner party for Halloween. We were originally expecting about 12-15 people and everyone in costume. What actually happened was...well, life happened. One person was able to make it, but we did not know that till about two hours before the party (so all of the food for 15 was made). But we had a great time with Matt's co-worker.

While waiting for Paul (Matt's co-worker) to come. I had fun carving the first pumpkin that I remember carving...and I did it mostly by myself! I think he is very cute :)
Then Matt and I sat on the front porch with hot cider, and vegetable soup waiting for both Paul and all of the about 100 children that came to our door that evening.

Paul finally found our house and the pumpkin bread was not quite done, so Matt and Paul carved their pumpkins while I handed out candy and talked with the neighbors. Paul did the top on in the picture above, and Matt did the lower one. I think they both look great! Oh, this was also the very first time that Paul had ever carved a pumpkin. I think he was a bit unsure about it all, but he had a good time doing it.

Great food. Great conversations. Great friends.

It was a nice evening. I just hope that our next party has a few more people.

1 comment:

suedaniels said...

Major bummer. Plan for 15, and one shows up? Some friends, huh?