Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall

I love the colors of fall. And I especially love it since we live in between two (or more) mountain ranges. This top picture is of Read Mountain. It was taken from our back yard. We actually live at the base of Read Mountain though it looks very far away, but we are actually close to the mountain and we have just discovered there are hiking trails up there.... :)
This is from the front yard. I have recently learned that this is "Stewart Knob". It is nice to look out of our house and see the beauty of fall.

2 comments:

suedaniels said...

Oh, that is breathtaking! I am sure, from personal experience, that the pictures don't do it justice. I know Matt is happy about the view. He has always been partial to autumn. I hope the leaves will still be there by the time we arrive for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see you guys and see what you have done with the place. Clearly you have already begun to put your own stamp on it.

See you soon!
love,
sue

suedaniels said...

Guess what my new office computer background is! Yep, it's the view from your backyard.

See you in a couple of weeks!

love,
sue