Monday, July 31, 2017

Glen VS The Water

 This summer I wanted Glen to put his head under water.  Simple right?  WRONG!
He was determined to not go under water.  I tried to go under with him.  I tried to make it a game.  I tried to make it fun and easy so that he could see that it was not that bad.
 Each time I would hear "No Mommy, I don't want to"  "Don't make me"  So I did not make him.  Until one day at the pool I went under really quick while he was in my arms.  He coughed and sputtered when we came back up but he smiled and giggled too.
 So when he asked to do it again, I did.  Then Amy had a great idea to turn it into a game.  He wore the goggles and if he put his head under water, she would make a special number with her hands and he would have to tell her how many her special number was.
He was so proud of himself for going under.  He was so happy to play the game.  He said "I went under, it was so much fun I can not stop doing it!"

So proud of him!

No comments: