Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Bridging to Brownie

 Last September we were informed that one of Grace's great friends was in girl scouts.  Then she found out that another of her friends was in the same troop.  So after talking with her about it we deicded to have her join that troop and try out being a daisy.
 She loved it!  She loved the service projects.  She enjoyed the crafts.  She really liked that her friends were there.
 And her favorite part of the year was selling cookies at a cookie booth in the FREEZING cold!
 She was a daisy for one year, now she bridges to brownie.
 At the ceremony the current brownies welcomed her.
 And put her sash on.
 I am happy with the group.  I like what she has been learning.  I think that it is good for her.

 We now have a brownie in the house.
 I can not wait to see where the troop takes her, and how far she may go with the scouts.

 Cookies anyone?
(Since Grace was a daisy for one year I did not buy her a sash or a vest or anything.  So I took all of her patches she got this year and made a framed wall hanging.  I think it turned out very well.  It is a nice memory of all of the fun things she was able to do with her troop for the first year.)

No comments: