Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Preschool

Our local community center has a great preschool program.  I learned about it from my sister who first sent her children there, and then became a teacher there.  I was so impressed with it that I was determined to get Grace in (there are only 16 openings for the whole city).  I got in line to sign her up one and a half hours early.  I was the only person sitting there (except for mom who was there with me) for about 15 minutes, then people started coming in faster and faster to line up for the openings.

Grace got in!  

 School started right after Labor Day.  She has made many crafts and friends.  Most of her friends that she had before preschool are in the 4 year old class next door, but they have about an hour of play time with the 4 year old class so she gets to see her friends too.
I am so glad that we have this program and that she is able to get a taste of what school is like.  But more than anything I am glad that she is meeting new friends and getting new experiences with her teachers.

Side note:  Before preschool started, Grace said that she would only go if they gave her homework!

1 comment:

Sue Daniels said...

Now, I know Grace is gifted and all. I have mentioned this fact many times on this blog. But really, demanding homework? That is over the top. However, I imagine once she experiences it, she won't be so insistent.

Great post, Lana, and wonderful pix.

Grandma Sue