Friday, May 10, 2013

Gymnastics

Just by chance one Sunday I was in nursery with a couple who was talking about putting their children in a gymnastics class.  I asked a bit more and realized that there was a class for Grace's age.  I also just happened to be subbing at the same school that it was going to be held at, and I knew the person who was in charge.  So I spent the next week trying to figure out if there was an opening for Grace, because the classes started that Saturday.

Grace got in!
 She loved going to school.  She loved listening to her teachers.  But more than anything she loved doing flips (somersaults) and jumping on the three trampolines.
 Each class started with the children having some time on the climbing wall.  (we WILL be putting one of these in our backyard)
Glen liked to watch, but he wanted to run and play with Grace so badly.

After about two months of the classes, they are now done.  Grace still talks about her flips and her trampolines.  I might just have to look into getting her into another session of classes this fall.  It was good to get out.  It was good to see Grace playing as instructed.  She got to climb, jump, run, walk on the balance beams, flip on the uneven bars, swing on ropes to name a few activities.  She was also almost always asleep by the time we got home.

Yeah, we might have to do this again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This was so great for her. I wish I had known about something like this when my boys were her age.