Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Harrisonburg Vacation

This past weekend has been wild, crazy, busy, and oh so much fun.

Thursday Grace and I woke early and hit the road by 8:00 am.  This was because I was going to meet with one of my friends at my parent's house in Harrisonburg.  My friend recently got engaged and has asked that I make her wedding dress.  I accepted and this was our first meeting of...ok, what do you what to wear and do we have all of the materials?

Friday Matt joined us and he had a blast playing many games with my brother-in-law.

Saturday and Sunday were just filled with craziness as usual.  I believe that it involved an oil change.  I helped my sister make a quilted wall hanging.  And Grace played on the trampoline and in the kids pool with her cousins quite a bit.

Monday, yes we stayed till Monday...that is odd but it was for a good reason.  My nephews have their birthdays 5 weeks apart so my sister chooses one day in the middle and celebrates both birthdays on one day.  So this was their birthday celebration.  We had a special lunch, then we all packed up and went out to the Massanutten Waterpark.  It was so much fun.  I was not able to do any of the slides since I am pregnant, but Grace and I were fine going down the frog pond slide, playing in the sprinklers, wading in the edge of the wave pool, and riding the floats around the lazy river.  She was so busy and running everywhere, she played for two hours straight then fell asleep when we stopped to get a drink.  She slept for an hour, then was busy once again.  It was such a fun time, I am glad that Grace found many things that she enjoyed doing.

Good weekend.  Glad that we were able to be part of it.  Even if my garden welcomed me back with 7 quarts of green beans to be canned, and 5 quarts of tomato juice.  Happy to be back!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It really was a lot of fun! I am so glad that you all were able to be here. I am also glad that Grace had so many things to do. I was slightly worried that she would not have enough to do. So glad you all were here.