Sunday, April 3, 2011

Saving Money

I must admit, it is not much of a surprise, but I married a dumpster diver.  No, he does not go after food, but you can bet that when colleges let out he is looking for good finds.

Last year he found a hair cutting kit.  Clippers, many different sized gauges, etc. all you need to give a man a good clipper cut.  We have had this kit for almost a year, and today he came to me and said..."can you give me a haircut?"  I very hesitantly agreed (thinking in my head...I hope I do not scalp him!)

He gave me a quick overview of how to work the clippers and said start slow.  So I started slow and continued slow, even after he told me that I could go faster.  The longer I went the more confidence I got.  In the end I had enough confidence to take off the guard and clean up his neck and cut out his ears.

I must say the haircut turned out very well.  I think that I will take the advice of my sister of where she does about 3 haircuts at home, then has her guys get one real good haircut at a barber shop.  I enjoyed giving Matt a haircut but I think that every once in awhile he will need to get professionally cleaned up.  But in the meantime this is going to save a bit of money (which always makes me smile!)

2 comments:

Sue Daniels said...

I just knew he married the right gal! Good plan.

Anonymous said...

Why are there no pics????