Thursday, July 15, 2010

Harvest

First....


Matt and I had big plans for our garden this year. But the cute little girl above has made some of those lofty goals a bit hard to obtain.

Last year I worked in the garden almost daily. I am lucky now to get out there once a week! Our garden is over grown with weeds, and it is not tended to, and to top it all off I believe that it has become the official breeding ground for Squash bugs/Stink bugs (last year I would check all of the leaves once a week and kill all of the known bugs and squash their eggs...this year they hatched :(So needless to say anything we get out of the garden this year is a blessing. Such as all of the tomatoes above, the 30 some onions, the wonderful lettuce, the many green beans, and the cucumbers that are about to be picked.

I am glad that these plants have decided to thrive on neglect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bright eyes. Big smile. And she sits up by herself. My she is growing up quickly.

Steve