Thursday, December 3, 2009

My favorite time of year

It is now my favorite time of year. Christmas? Nope!

Advent!

I know it is kind of odd but it is true that at times when my teachers would ask what was my favorite holiday other kids would answer halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, or even their birthdays, but I remember answering Advent. I am not sure why I like it so much. Maybe it is because:

1. The anticipation to Chrismas...
2. We get to eat by candlelight...
3. Or maybe it was the only time of the year that mom and dad would let me handle matches :)

Well, who knows why I like it so much, but I do. And now thanks to my father-in-law and mother-in-law we have a beautiful advent wreath.

This was my first attempt at decorating the wreath. I think it looks pretty good for a first year try. We have been enjoying this advent wreath and the sayings that go along with it that Matt grew up saying each time the candles were lit.

This is a tradition that I really look forward to passing along to our little girl when she finally decides to arrive.

1 comment:

suedaniels said...

It looks great, Lana! It looks like you put a plate under it - good idea. Melted purple wax can really do a number on a red tablecloth.

A blessed and expectant Advent to both of you! And, maybe, to Grace as well. It really is a season of expectation for you, isn't it?

Oh, and you're welcome.

love,
sue