Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Special Visitor

Steve, your visit certainly does require a blog post...I just had not gotten around to it. Thank you for giving me a little push :)

On September 1 I happened to receive a phone call and an e-mail that I did not know that I had gotten till late in the day (this was because I was subbing that day). When I finally got the information I found out that my father-in-law was trying to reach both me and eventually Matt to gain permission to sleep on our sofa as he travels to northern VA for an interview. Of course we said NO! "You may not sleep on our sofa, but you may sleep on our guest bed and use our guest bathroom. We will also feed you well and enjoy your company, but NO you may not sleep on our sofa!"

So Monday, Labor Day, we had a guest for dinner. Steve had a nice but long trip (he had to fight all of the Labor Day traffic) and made it to our place around 6:00 pm. Great dinner, lots of stories, tons of laughter, then we pulled out the baby photos from Matt's childhood....
That led to lots more laughter and stories and a fairly late night, but one that was a great experience.

The next morning I had to leave the house at 7:00 am to teach a classroom of 4th graders. So I said my goodbyes, only to come home to a surprise. Steve did all of the dishes that I had left the previous night so that I could visit. Those Daniels men! They are so wonderful with doing dishes :)

Wednesday night we had our wonderful guest back. This time he was driving from Northern VA back home. The visit was much shorter (about 9 hours) and mainly for sleeping, but it was great to see Steve again.

We missed you greatly Sue! It was not quite the same to have one half of the in-law pair and not the other, but I understand that you had a very important appointment at home.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Dad enjoyed his visit as well. So glad that he stopped to see him. I know Mom wishes she could have been here too.