Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Love This Season

I realize that there are positives and negatives to each season, but at this moment in time summer seems to be treating me very well. There are not many other seasons where a person can do all of the following in one day:

1. Wash and hang out on the clothes line 2 loads of clothes

2. Go for a very slow and relaxing one mile run

3. Play for a bit out in my flower beds

4. Pick more cucumbers than I can imagine from the garden and can them into a quart of dill pickle (we will find out in 2 weeks about how the pickle actually turned out)

5. Wander through my vegetable garden ohhing and ahhing over all of the new veggies growing

6. Make the most wonderful tomato, cucumber, snow pea salad that came straight from the garden

7. Bring in all of the clothes and fold them while watching a beautiful sunset beyond the mountains

Yeah, summer is good.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yes, summer is a very busy-but productive-season. I bet your summer will be differnt next year! Enjoy this time!