Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lofty Goal?

I am not really into New Year Resolutions but I did make a goal this year (also, I began my goal on January 5...not January 1. So I am not following the "resolution" standards in many ways).

This year I would like to run at least a mile every day. I would like to do more than a mile, but I would like to do at least a mile. And on the days when I can not run because it is too cold or yucky outside I would like to do an equivalent exercise on our exercise bike (which I understand that four miles on a bike equals one mile run).

The main reason that I am doing this is to be able to stay in shape, at least a little. I realize that this is not going to get or keep me in the best shape ever, but there have been times when I stopped running for a little and when I tried to do it again I could not even do a whole mile without stopping and walking for a bit. I would like to be able to run at least a mile (maybe more) easily. Most people would probably think that this is being done for weight loss...hey, if weight loss is a side effect of this goal I will certainly take it!

So far, since January 5 I have only missed one day of running. I can tell that it is getting easier and I look forward to adding distance to my runs soon.

Wish me luck on my goal!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good Luck, Lana!! I know that I feel so much better when I stay with my walking! However, in the cold months it can seem so appealing to stay inside where it is warm!