Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cookies


Orange cookies, Snickerdoodles, Asbury Cookies, Chocolate Covered Peanutbutter Balls, and more....

Above is a picture of last Saturday at my parents' house. The "Kiser" (in quotations since only one of us is really technically a Kiser) women got together for our annual cookie day.

Cookie day has been happening in our family for about 10 years (I think). It is a day between Thanksgiving and Christmas where all of us get together for a weekend and bake, and bake, and bake, and bake,..... And the cookies are supposed to last through the holiday seasons....hmmmm, note the word SUPPOSED.

Usually we start on Friday night and make up the dough. That chills for the night, then around 8:00 or 9:00 am we are up and starting to get the cookies and candies made. The boys (my four nephews) are sometimes wanting to be little helpers in making the cookies, but more than anything they are wanting to be taste testers (well I guess that also goes for the big boys of the family...my father, my brother-in-law, and my husband).

It is a great day of stories, Christmas music, lots of sugar, and many laughs. I am glad that we have this tradition. I think I will now go and get an Orange Cookie, YUM!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun day!! How come I am the only one that looks truly exhausted?? Do you like the way Austin is eyeing those cookies??