Sunday, November 24, 2019

Violin

I feel so blessed that the school system that my children have so many different opportunities to offer the students.  I went to the same school when I was young and I must say the schools look so much different.  Grace and Glen are both in dual immersion classes.  This means that they have classes taught in English for half of the day and classes taught in only Spanish for half of the day.  During the Spanish half of the day they need to read, write, and speak only in Spanish.  They have done this since Kindergarten so at this moment with Grace in third grade, she is getting pretty confident to be able to speak outside of the classroom, with people she may see in the community.

One other opportunity the school system offers is violin classes.  For a low price, the students can stay after school one day a week and take violin lessons.  Grace loves it.  This was her final concert.  She is in the yellow right behind the music stand.

No comments: