Monday, January 8, 2018

Gingerbread House

 While Matt was working at Mercy House he found a cast iron gingerbread house mold.  It looked pretty neat, but to actually use it, I wondered how that would go.
 Well on December 10th, Glen woke up with a fever so we decided to stay home from church.  While the kids were in the house and feeling pretty good, I decided to try out the gingerbread house mold.
 So Grace and I got the dough ready.  Glen chose what kind of house we made.  I baked the house pieces.  After the cooled, the fun began.  Lots of icing, tons of candy, and much creative decorations.
 And we had our house.
 A different view.
The kids did a great job.  I was very impressed.  First of all I was impressed I was able to do this from scratch.  But I loved how the kids worked together so well and were able to put it together and decorate it so well!

No comments: