Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Art Camp

 Harrisonburg City Schools has an amazing program that is one week of enrichment learning.  They call it Summer Enrichment Program.  I teach preschool fairy tales but that means that the kids go to other camps that they might enjoy too, while I am busy working.  This year Grace decided to go to Art Camp.
 Here is the group of kids that were with Grace that week.
 One day they were able to bring a stuffed animal to camp.  She chose to bring Butterscotch.  I am glad that she loves him as much as I did.
They drew self portraits.  They also drew many other pictures and did clay work too.  One of her others pictures from this week will be featured in a blog post in the near future.  (one of her paintings from this week won first prize and best in show for her age group at the county fair, but pictures will be added at a future blog).

She had a great time and still loves art.  I think that she is getting better and I can see her passion continuing and that makes me happy.

No comments: