Monday, December 12, 2016

Poster Contest Winner

 One day Grace brought home a poster saying that there was a contest to draw a poster for the fire department about checking smoke detectors.
 We were so busy that week that it was set aside.  Then a few days later I asked Grace if she wanted to do it.  She said yes so I pulled out the crayons, colored pencils, and markers.  I gave her a few sheets of white paper and underlined the words that were required to be on the poster.
 She went to work and started to run back and forth from our smoke detector and the table where she was drawing.  Before long she said she was done.


I sent in the poster to school with her the next day.  A few weeks later we got notice that Grace had won first place in her age group!  We went to Keister Elementary School for the reception.
Her art teacher was there to support her!
 Grace Got a ribbon, and a Walmart gift card, and a large bag with lots of random goodies in it.

I am so proud of my budding artist!

No comments: