Saturday, June 14, 2014

Butterfly Picnic (posted by Carol)

Butterfly Picnic

(This post was written by  Carol and put on her blog.  I copied it on here so that Grace with have it in her picture book.  Thanks for writing such a great post on it Carol, she had a great time with you at the picnic)

The Hospice department at the hospital held a "Butterfly Picnic" today.  I borrowed Grace for the evening, as it seemed like a fun girl activity and I needed a girl to share it with.

 It took place at Oakdale park in Bridgewater.  There were several crafty activites and a magician.  Grace was also very excited about the 2 playgyms there.

 Before we released butterflies,  everyone was given a small piece of orange.

 The butterflies were handed out in small wax paper type envelopes.

I let the butterflies out onto my hand.  Grace sort of wanted to have one on her hand, but then she would quickly change her mind.   We had a fun time together (at least I did)!!

No comments: