Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pumpkin Donuts

One day while searching the internet I discovered a recipe for pumpkin donuts.  I waited with this information till the right time came (which happened to be last week).  One morning we were not rushed, we were not busy, we were in a good mood, so we baked.  We make the batter of the donuts.  Then Grace (and I helped a bit) piped them out onto the pans.  We made letters, either she made them or told me how to make them.
 We filled two pans of yummy donuts that soon afterward headed to the oven to cook while we made the icing.
Once the icing was made I put it in a squirt bottle and Grace got to decorate the donuts with the icing by going all "Jackson Pollock" on them.  She loved the activity.  I enjoyed the time and creativity with her, and Glen loved the donuts.  It was a good event all around :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun activity to do on a quiet fall day! They do look yummy!!

Sue Daniels said...

My granddaughter is quite gifted, you know.

I hear you, Betty, I know she's your granddaughter too!]

Anonymous said...

I agree! It also is so interesting to watch Glen, he takes it all in and how fast he is learning from Grace. I often think of you that you don't have much time to be with them. I am so thankful and blessed to have all 6 grands near me. Mamaw

Sue Daniels said...

You sure are! We are very excited to be able to spend some time with Grace and Glen in a few weeks.

Oh, and Lana? It was more like Salvador Dali than Jackson Pollock. I half expected to see a melting clock somewhere on that cookie sheet!

Lana said...

Sue, the donuts themselves were very Salvador Dali, but the icing application was all Jackson Pollock. I did have a picture of that but Grace deleted it :(