Monday, May 2, 2011

Who Would Have Thought?


Grace has many dolls. 
Grace has many stuffed animals.  
Grace has many toys.  
There is no question that she has a lack of any of the above.

Since she was born I tried to get her to love a "lovey" that I bought from Target.  It is soft, silky, has a teddy bear head on it, etc.  Well as much as I have tried, that is not the object that she has seemed to cling to.

What has she chosen you might ask?

Well, it is over 30 years old...

And it is very well loved by her mother...

It is Butterscotch Bear from my childhood.
I must say, he did hold up very well from all of the loving that I gave him as a child.
But who would have thought that she would by-pass new items to cuddle with an old toy?

At night and also nap I usually find her with one arm curled around this bear.  And when she wakes up she is usually holding him when I get her out of the crib.  Once Grace went into the master bedroom and found Matt sleeping so she (somewhat kindly) laid Butterscotch on top of Matt.  I guess he needed a toy to sleep with too.

I guess she does have a lovey, just not the kind I was expecting :)

2 comments:

Sue Daniels said...

Well, he is kind of cute. And he looks soft. So there you go. And of course, there's this: Grace likes everything you like. Fact of life.

Amy said...

She is a smart girl! Butterscotch is broken in. All she has to do is love on him!